Friday, February 04, 2005

I LOVE MY JOB!

After really not caring about my professional life for 2004 and pretty much just mailing it in, I couldn't be more pleased with the way my new gig has started out.

I just got back today from my first sales trip for the new company. I had four meetings with the right people and a fifth with someone who can help my case within their organization.

Of the four meetings I had, I'm 90% confident that two of them will sign with us within the next month and about 75% confident that a third will do the same. The fourth one also has a pretty good chance, but I'm not ready to put a timeframe on it.

When I first found out about this company and their business model, I really couldn't figure out why anyone wouldn't buy it. My meetings this week haven't disproved my ideas yet.

It's definitely got me motivated to make a lot more calls.

It sure feels good to enjoy my work again.

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention another highlight of my trip.

I saw this!

And on top of all the great meetings, I even managed to catch an earlier flight to get home in time for dinner.

Other Stuff

Been catching up on TV tonight...watched The Amazing Race and was bummed when Adam and Rebecca didn't get eliminated. Right now, I'm watching Celebrity Poker Showdown. I think Chris Kattan might be the worst poker player to ever walk the earth.

Also cleaned off my desk and removed it from my office as I'm having a brand new one being delivered in the morning...

BETWEEN 7 and 9 A.M.!!!

And from what our neighbor tells us, the last time they had a delivery scheduled for that time, their doorbell rang at 6:45.

Let me tell you something...when your commute consists of less than 100 steps from your bed to your office...you don't need to get up very early to be working at 8:00.

Rest assured that I have a full set of clothes on the floor by my bed waiting for me to jump into them the second that doorbell rings.

And, with that, I will leave you for this evening.

Until Next Time...


|