Monday, February 14, 2005

TGIM???

It's been a very busy weekend and I hate to say it, but I'm looking forward to slowing down with work on Monday.

The in-laws have been here all weekend...they'll head home in the morning. On top of them, my family was here along with our neighbors from down the street to celebrate M's baptism.

Now, I'm the first to admit to not being a "good" Catholic. By that, I mean we pretty much only go to church on major religious holidays, if that often. And, to be honest, I disagree with the Church on several fairly major issues (gay marriage and gay rights being one of them). When I really think about it, I realize how hypocritical I was today in going through with the Baptism itself. It's one of those things where it's easier to do what's expected by my Catholic mother than it is to rock the boat.

Our next-door neighbor has invited us a few times to come join him at his church and I have to admit, I've been seriously considering it. Maybe one of these days. (It's also far easier to sleep and be lazy on Sundays than it is to get up and dressed nice for church.)

Right now, I'm catching up on the Grammys which I had to record on the DVR since we had company and the in-laws just aren't into the Grammys.

Oh yeah...Happy Valentine's Day! (Just noticed the time.)

Grammys note: Damn, Alicia Keyes can sing. The opening montage was pretty decent and I'm glad Los Lonely Boys won the first award given tonight for their song "Heaven."

I already have K's main gift for V-Day, but had originally planned to get her something else, but never got it. Now I'm trying to figure out if it will seem lame if I run out and get the secondary gift in the morning before giving her the card. I definitely don't want her to think that it was an afterthought. FWIW, she won't get the main gift until tomorrow night. Decisions, decisions.

(I'm not really sure what the point of that last paragraph was, but I guess I'll leave it there anyway.)

Have a good week everyone!

|