Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I'm A Dumbass

My apologies if I've used that title before, but it certainly applies tonight.

You see, I learned one of the hazards of listening to your iPod while driving. When you get to your destination and turn the car off, the music is still playing in your head, so you can't follow your normal routine.

Tonight, on my way home from the gym, I stopped at the grocery store. Listening to my iPod, I made my rounds and went to check out. In doing so, I reached into my pocket for my shopper card that's on my key chain. Only problem? Keys weren't there.

Not only did I lock my keys in the car...I locked them in their with the car running. Real smooth.

But check this out for customer service...the store manager had one of the clerks drive me home. It was a little odd, but still a hell of a lot better than waiting for a cab, AAA or a locksmith to show up.

Both the clerk and the manager are going to get a big positive report from me to the store manager tomorrow...not to mention the $10 I gave the kid for driving me home.

Doesn't change the fact that I feel like a dumbass though.

Until Next Time...

|