Friday, March 25, 2005

On A Roll

In recent weeks (and months), I've become increasingly frustrated with how much weight I've gained back of the 35 pounds I'd lost last year.

Now that M is 6 months old, I decided I really needed to start hitting the gym again. So I started playing basketball once a week a few weeks ago and last week, with spring break, I managed to go twice.

Twice a week helped, but once a week definitely wasn't enough. It's hard, though, to make time during the middle of the day to go play ball, so I decided to start going to use the elliptical at night after the kids went to bed.

Last night marked the third night in the row at the gym and I'll be going back today to play ball. Tuesday and last night I used the elliptical for about 25 minutes. On Wednesday, I got there too late to actually get a full 25 minutes in, so I just went to the gym to shoot baskets and run a little bit.

In addition to the exercise, I've been trying hard to eat better. And, with the exception of yesterday's barbecue lunch, I've been doing better.

I've noticed about a 4-5 pound difference on the scale already and really want that trend to continue.

Ultimately? I'd love to lose at least 40 more pounds and probably closer to 50. If I can stick with this routine (which will be tough with travel), I figure in 6 months at an average of 2 pounds per week, I can actually do this.

I figured I ought to post this here so the rest of y'all can keep me motivated.

Until Next Time...

I've already noticed an impact on the scale

|