Monday, March 14, 2005

Spring Break (but not for me)

Yep...it's Spring Break week here in the midwest and, sadly, I can't afford to take the time off. All of the kids' friends seem to be either out of town or have family staying with them. Today, I was going to take the three older ones to the gym with me, but now that's been killed because K's having issues with a crown and has to go to the dentist over the lunch hour.

Last night, we got a babysitter and went to Carabba's for dinner (excellent as always) and then went to Best Buy for a bit before going to see Be Cool. If you ever make a movie and want some guaranteed laughs, get some famous pro wrestler to play a gay bodyguard. The Rock was pretty damned funny in this movie. So was Vince Vaughn, but in a more annoying kind of way.

There was one particular scene with The Rock watching his own music video. The video disturbingly reminded me of the latest Burger King commercial with Darius Rucker from Hootie & The Blowfish. Have you seen that thing? I mean...how desperate does Hootie have to be to agree to that commercial??? It's AWFUL!

Anyway, I strongly recommend Be Cool and it makes me want to go out and rent Get Shorty to watch that again.

Has anyone seen this article about the dominance of white males in the blogosphere? Now, granted, I am a white male, but I certainly don't consider myself to be a dominant force out here in blogland. In fact, when I first read it, I immediately thought that I know more female bloggers than males. Upon further inspection, though, my blogroll actually has 15 male blogs to only 12 female blogs on it.

So, I guess my question is, do you have more male or female blogs on your blogroll?

|