Sunday, April 10, 2005

Tale of Two Movies

So last night I watched two movies...one that we had on the DVR and the other I'd rented from Blockbuster.

Ever since we got the DVR, we've been recording a fair number of movies, but have been doing a piss-poor job of getting around to actually watching them.

We decided to remedy that last night and agreed to knock one off of the list.

The lucky winner of the J&K Movie-Watching Experience was Legally Blonde 2 starring Reese Witherspoon. Now, I'd seen the first one and actually thought it was pretty funny at times. Let's just say I'd have been really pissed if I'd have paid money to see this one in the theaters.

It was pretty damn bad. The only redeeming quality of the whole movie was Bob Newhart. (Damn that guy's funny.) I won't even going into any more detail on that.

The second film of the night was Friday Night Lights. I watched this one on my own on my laptop. It was a very good movie that definitely didn't turn out as I expected. Billy Bob Thornton was good in it and I thought Tim McGraw did a good job too. I thought the guy that played the quarterback was real good. I didn't remember seeing him in anything before this, but when I looked him up over at IMDB.com, he was also in Sling Blade with Thornton (another movie I haven't seen).

I also rented Glengarry Glen Ross which I have yet to watch. I'm thinking I might watch that tonight.

Other Stuff

Today was "Boy Time" for me and little J. Both girls had birthday parties to go to, so J & I hit the arcade. The first one we tried going to at the mall near our house had apparently gone out of business, so we had to hop back in the car and drive all the way out to another mall about 15 minutes away. We had a great time though and got a great black & white picture of the two of us. It's pretty damned cool. I hope to post it here soon.

We also had softball practice for K this evening, so we managed to get through that in one piece.

All of that meant that I missed most of the Masters. I did get to see Tiger's incredible chip shot on the 16th hole. (I haven't found a video clip online yet, but it was AWESOME.) I then got home in time to watch him clinch the victory on the first playoff hole. Tiger's back folks.

Tomorrow is the home opener for the Kansas City Royals and I've got a ticket. Now if only the rain will hold off.

That's all I've got for now.

Until Next Time...

|