Monday, April 04, 2005

Tar Heels Win -- Damn

I wish I could say that I'm happy that Roy Williams finally got his national championship. The reality is that I can't.

Tonight I was pulling for Illinois and the players that current KU coach Bill Self recruited during his tenure there.

Given a little time, I'm sure I'll get over it and be pleased that "Ol' Roy" finally won it all. But for tonight, I wanted him to feel the sting just one more time as a kind of punishment for leaving the school that gave him his first chance and had been so faithful to him for so long.

On the positive side, I think this Carolina victory is going to get former UNC coach Matt Doherty another head coaching job. Those are his players out there. I hope he gets credit for that.

OK....time to let it go.

Kansas Election Request

For those of you in Kansas, tomorrow is election day here in Kansas. Now, I know that people rarely pay attention to non-Presidential elections, but I urge all Kansans to go out and vote tomorrow...specifically against the proposed "marriage amendment" to the state constitution.

This is the amendment that specifically bans marriage between gays and lesbians. A vote for this amendment means that you think it's a good idea to discriminate against two consenting adults that wish to enter into marriage.

As for the idea that it "protects the sanctity of marriage," I say BULLSHIT. Has anyone seen the divorce rate in this country lately? I'm willing to bet that there would be a significantly lower divorce rates among gay and lesbian couples.

Another thing that bugs me about this whole thing...the state constitution (just like the U.S. Constitution) was created to guarantee rights to its citizens. Nowhere does it say that the constitution was designed to DENY rights to citizens. And the last time I checked, gays and lesbians are tax-paying citizens too.

So PLEASE...do me a favor (if you agree with what I'm saying)...try to find a few minutes to go out and vote AGAINST this marriage amendment if you live in Kansas. Because, honestly? It's a bunch of crap!

Until Next Time...

|