Thursday, May 05, 2005

God Damn BUGS!!!

So when spring finally arrived and the weather started warming up here in the midwest, our kitchen somehow became the spring break destination for ants everywhere. We couldn't turn around without seeing an ant crawling on a countertop or on a cabinet door. We sprayed and sprayed and then sprayed some more, but they kept on coming back. In the last few days, it's been a little better.

But this afternoon, K calls me on my office phone, "You have to get up here."

I knew it wasn't good news, but I went upstairs and saw our two front rooms and main entry way covered with dead termites. They weren't there two hours ago. They are now. We've got fucking termites EVERYWHERE!!!

So I've made an emergency call to Terminix...they're coming out in two hours to take a look. All I know is this is going to cost me a ton of money we don't have.

The last time we had to deal with termites about 4 years ago, it cost us $3,000 for the Sentricon system from a different pest control company.

Anyone want to make a donation???

(How's that for a lousy way to make a comeback? Here I've been absent from blogging for days and the first thing I do is beg for money...NIIICE.)

Until Next Time...

|