Monday, June 06, 2005

Random Thoughts

Hmmm...where do I start?

Car washes are a rip off. We just got the new van and after the rains last week, it was pretty dirty and I want to keep this baby clean. So I decided to take it up to the Waterway near my house. I wanted to be sure to get the tires Armor Alled (how do I verbalize that?) so I got the basic Wash 'n Vac for $10 plus $4 for their Wheel Brite package. When I go inside to pay, she's trying to sell me all this other stuff and in the process I learn that I also have to pay a $2 SUV upcharge. Fine...whatever. I go outside to get the van when it's done and the tires aren't Armor All'd (another verb option there). So I say something to the guys. "The Wheel Brite only cleans the rims...Armor All is another $4." What the fuck?!?! Are you kidding me? Right inside they were selling the whole freaking bottle of Armor All for $6. They got a big "No Thanks" from me not to mention I won't be going back there anytime soon.

Finally got an inflatable pool for the backyard this year. Seems like we have to buy a new one each year. Filled it up and the kids played in it last night despite only being in the upper 70s. I'm sure they'll be back in it today.

Went to Old Chicago for lunch yesterday and tried their new Honey BBQ Chicken Salad. VERY good stuff. I still have leftovers I'm planning on eating for lunch today. (Would've been a fairly healthy lunch if I'd have skipped the Pepperoni Rolls, but DAMN those are good!)

Went running again last night. It's only the second time I've done it, but I managed to more than double the distance I ran last time. I figure I jogged between 1.75 and 2 miles. And miraculously, I'm not dying this morning. We'll have to see how my legs hold up in basketball games today though.

I'm behind with work. I really slacked off on Thursday and Friday of last week, so I need to get my shit together this week. And seeing as how it's the work day now, this would be a good time to end this post.

Until Next Time...

|