Friday, August 26, 2005

Wedding Weekend

It's been a crazy couple of weeks at the House That Play By Play Built (I mean bought).

You see, my baby sister is getting married (finally!) this weekend and the three older kids, K, J & L are in it along with me.

I'm a groomsman, K is a junior bridesmaid, L is flower girl and J is the ring bearer.

Tonight, we went out to pick up our tuxes and try them on. J looked great. I took a picture that I'll be posting as soon as I get it downloaded. I'm sure there'll be many more pictures this weekend. It'll be my first attempt to try out the new picture feature here on Blogger.

My sister S is marrying a good guy, K. (Yes, another K...I'm about to give up on these single-letter aliases and just start using their real names.) He has 7 brothers and sisters, so it should be interesting to meet them.

We have a three-hour gap between the end of the ceremony and the reception. Apparently, as part of the wedding party, I'm being whisked off in a limo to get pictures taken at various locations, which means I'll be leaving my wife, K, to fend for herself with the four kids. At least her parents will be around to help her out.

From what I hear, there will probably be more beer drinking going on than picture taking. Who am I to complain?

Yesterday, my whole family tried to go golfing with some free passes that S & K got from the golf club where they're having their reception. We managed to get 5 holes in when the lightning and thunder started up. They got their rainchecks and hopefully we'll get a chance to use them again.

I'm going to try and do a better job of posting here. I know I've been big-time slacking. Hell...I think there are only one or two people still reading this thing. If the blog ever dies, I may take a shot at starting a new one somewhere.

Only time will tell.

Until Next Time...

|